What To Do Online – Step by Step
- Determine exactly what “Work Project” or “Job” you want completed.
- If you have a problem with this online process, ask a friend to help.
- Click on the town where the work will be performed.
- Choose (click on) a Work Project category.
- Fill in your contact information (name, phone & email).
- Select one work activity.
- Provide a brief job description of your job (if necessary) in message box.
- Click on Submit button at bottom.
SJB will provide you with the contact information for at least 3 Service Providers.
You should receive this list within 3 business days.
Contact each of the SP’s on the list and tell them you got their names from SJB. (Note: Calling all of the names will help you compare how each SP will complete this job).
Explain what your work project involves to determine if the SP can complete your job.
Questions to ask a SP – the following section includes some questions which will help you to decide if the SP can complete the work to your satisfaction.
Note: The Seniors Job Bank has not verified or checked any of the SP’s previous clients’ references. We suggest that you be sure to check that they are qualified to complete your project.
Important: Prior to hiring a SP, make sure you feel comfortable communicating with the SP you choose. SJB can send additional names upon request.
Some questions you may want to ask the SP:
- What overall experience do they have doing your specific work project?
- Do they have the required licenses, tools and materials?
- Do they have references that I can call?
- When can they start the job and how long will it take to complete it?
- Will they give me a written quote with labor and materials included?
- Do they want to be paid by the hour or the job?
- How/when do they want to be paid (cash or check)?
- Will they provide a materials receipt upon request?
- Will they come back if there is a problem with the job?
- If something is broken as a result of their work will they have it fixed?
- Do they offer a warrantee for their work?
- If a Permit is required will they get it or will I get it?
- Will they clean up all materials, dust, etc. each day and at the end of the job?
- If lead or asbestos is involved, how will they have it removed?
- If they get hurt on my job, do they have insurance?
- Will they provide me with a Customer Satisfaction Survey feedback form?
- Tell them you are looking forward to working with them.
CLICK HERE to open the Hiring a “Service Provider” document within this browser window to view, download and/or print for your records.